We are pleased to be introducing a phased return to full service. In line with government guidelines and the 5 steps to working safely: Working Safely During Coronavirus (COVID19) updated 25/05/2020. https://www.gov.uk/guidance/working-safely-during-coronavirus-covid-19
We are able to arrange:
- Individual appointments at your home or the shop premises.
- Fitting a product via a third-party operative (fitter).
We are not able to enter homes particularly those of shielded or clinically vulnerable people without prior arrangements:
Where A Shielded Or Clinically Vulnerable Person Is Resident In The Building: Working Safely During Coronavirus, Section 1.1 Thinking About Managing Risk says
- No work should be carried out in a household which is isolating because one or more family members has symptoms or where an individual has been advised to shield - unless it is to remedy a direct risk to the safety of the household.
- When working in a household where somebody is clinically vulnerable, but has not been asked to shield, for example, the home of someone over 70, prior arrangements should be made with vulnerable people to avoid any face-to-face contact, for example, when answering the door. You should be particularly strict about handwashing, coughing and sneezing hygiene, such as covering your nose and mouth and disposing of single-use tissues.
Our representative will phone you prior to their arriving at the property to make sure no one has COVID 19 symptoms.
They will also discuss the following measures necessary for appropriate social distancing and hygiene.
These measures, where possible, will also be communicated by email and are available on our website.
- Social distancing at 2 metres in or outside the property.
- Discuss as much as possible on the phone to limit contact time.
- You will be required to vacate the room whilst our representative measures the job.
- Any samples discussed will be left in a mutually agreeable area where social distancing is appropriate.
- Any areas of the samples that can be wiped with sanitiser will be, and samples will go to only one property in 72 hours.
- Our representative will be following the 5 Steps To Working Safely.
The third party operative, or their representative, will phone you prior to their starting at the property to make sure no one has COVID 19 symptoms.
They will also discuss the following measures necessary for appropriate social distancing and hygiene. These measures, where possible, will also be communicated by email and are available on our website.
PPE: please read Government Guidance “Working Safely In People’s Homes” Section 6 “additional PPE beyond what you usually wear is not beneficial”.
- The operative may use PPE if they choose to, or if requested by the homeowner: this can be discussed prior to the job.
- The operative will carry antibacterial wipes and sanitiser.
- On arrival, where possible doors to be left open and internal room windows left open.
- Where the premises are empty and the operative has a key, the operative will make sure handles, window catches, key and any other surface likely to have been touched is wiped with antibacterial wipes during and at the end of the job.
- All flooring and furnishing should be removed from the area to be fitted.
- You will be expected to vacate the room during the length of the job.
- If homeowner or the operative need to communicate this can either be done in an area where 2m distancing can be adhered, to or by phone. Mitigating actions can be taken if the operative requires you to look at any part of the job, including the finished job: this can be the addition of face mask, use of sanitiser and 2m rule.
- Paying third party operative: by bank transfer or cash. In the case of cash please count out at a distance of 2 metres and place in a bag/envelope provided by the operative.
The operative is able to abandon a job if they feel their personal safety is compromised.
Policy date: 29.05.20